Teaching Bumps & Babies Together
Date: Tue 18 Jan
Time: 1300-1500 GMT
Praise for Gabi's workshops
"A wonderful & informative workshop with plenty to discuss & learn for everyone
"This course is exceptional. From the very beginning of the class, Gabi creates a safe and inviting space for yoga teachers to come together for the purposes of collaboration, education, and affirmation... So grateful for this course!"
To see the extensive range of CPDs we have designed to give you practical tools that can further develop your teaching practice, please click here.
Can we support you in choosing your course?
If you are unsure about your suitability for this course, or if you have any queries please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Policies & Procedures For the full course policies and terms & conditions please click here.
- Sequencing a class that is safe for both pregnant and postnatal clients together
- Welcoming other parents and carers who haven't given birth in classes that are typically aimed at pregnant and postnatal clients
- Managing the dynamics of having babies and children in a class and how to keep them engaged
- Giving individual support to clients in a group setting with a wide variety of abilities and experiences
- Offering multiple options in a class to support clients at different stages of their parenthood journey
- Options that have been tried and tested for teaching both in person and online together
- Maintaining your client relationships through the perinatal period and parenthood
- Successfully marketing your bumps & babies class
About the facilitator - Gabi Parkham
Gabi has been practicing yoga since childhood and teaching for over 7 years. With a background in Musical Theatre, Gabi has run her "Voice and the Yoga Teacher" workshop for yoga teachers all around the world (through the power of zoom!).
Her perinatal & postnatal classes are a celebration of community in practice both online and in person.
Since coming out as bisexual aged 18, Gabi has been an active LGBT+ equity educator and consultant; leading LGBT+ trainings in schools, youth movements, for perinatal professionals, and for civil servants. In 2018 Gabi co-founded Laviot (www.laviot.org), a social and supportive community for LGBT+ Jewish women and non-binary people.
Gabi is passionate about finding equity and justice through yoga and making as many yoga classes as possible safer spaces for LGBT+ people. Yoga should be a space free from assumptions, micro aggressions, and discrimination.