UNDERSTANDING YOUR CONTINUED EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
All of our yoga training can be used for Continued Education Training and Continued Professional Development Training*.
As in the UK many people have requirements under either Yoga Alliance or the British Wheel of Yoga I will outline their requirements below together with a link to the page on their website where continued education is explained:
If the training you are attending is not with a YAP trainer you can log your hours in this way:
How do I enter my hours if I can’t find my YACEP provider?
If you are unable to locate your YACEP provider, you can enter your hours manually. To do so, please follow the directions below.
- Go to yogaalliance.org and log into your account.
- Select “Teacher Dashboard” in the top right corner of the webpage.
- On the left, you will see the red “Teacher” menu. Select “My Training Hours.”
- Scroll down to the “Add Training Hours” section. Select the second option that says, “In person with someone who is not a YACEP OR not in person.”
- Select “Some Contact Hours” for the type of CE training hours you are submitting.
- Select “Yes” under “Does your provider meet the qualifications above?”
- Enter your instructor’s name and checkmark the box underneath to agree that your Continuing Education Provider has met the above requirements.
- Follow the prompts to submit your training hours without a certificate. Make sure to select “Save” when you are done entering the hours. All fields marked with an asterisk must be completed in order for the entry to save.
How do I log my Continuing Education hours if I can’t find the yoga studio or school with which I took my CE course?
Only individuals can be qualified as CE providers. However, it is possible for a school with an RYS credential to have an instructor that offers CE courses without the YACEP designation. In this instance, this individual should meet one of the following criteria:
- This individual is currently registered as an E-RYT 200 or E-RYT 500
- This individual is a professional with significant experience and education* in a subject related to at least one Educational Category
(some of our tutors are registered and all of our tutors fulfil the second bullet point)
In the instance that you are logging a course offered by an E-RYT or a non-registered individual who meets the second criteria above, you must manually enter the hours. To do so, please visit the Training Hours page on your account dashboard and select the second option that says, “In person with someone who is NOT a YACEP.”
*Significant experience means a minimum of 500 hours of teaching in the subject, and/or the equivalent of two years of relevant experience in that subject. Significant education means having a relevant degree, certification, or equivalent.
BRITISH WHEEL OF YOGA
The BWY require teaching members to log 15 hours of Continued Professional Development per year. Members are required to log the name of an event and the number of hours of training themselves. You are required to explain what was in the training briefly and how it has contributed to your teaching practice. You are not required to have participated in training only led by a BWY teacher or someone who runs their training under the auspices of BWY.
Both YA and BWY provide insurance for their teaching membership.
It is possible to be insured as a yoga teacher without membership of either organisation and neither is a governing body of yoga in the UK. Yoga is an unregulated practice. There are a number of insurers who independently insure yoga teachers often for less than the cost of membership. Yoga Teachers Forum give certificates of completion for all of our trainings so you have a clear record of your hours of training.
Please feel free to contact Julia Davis, Founder, Yoga Teachers Forum with any questions with regard to continued development email@example.com
Policies & Procedures For the full course policies and terms & conditions please click here.
* we provide certificates of attendance for paid for trainings and workshops only.