Online: Teaching Yoga for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Burnout & Long Covid: An Introduction
Online interactive training you can take in your own time - lifetime access.
"Very in depth course which was very relevant to those currently struggling with long covid. This should be recommended to patients currently going through long covid clinics on the NHS." K.H April 2022
This training can be taken at your own pace and in your own time with the opportunity to ask Fiona Agombar & Sarah Ryan questions.
You will be sent booking confirmation on payment with registration details - please register using the url provided on booking to access the training.
Praise for Fiona's training "Yoga Therapy for Chronic Fatigue, Burnout & Long Covid" with YTF:
"...it was perfect pace and love this way of learning"
Samantha Patchell, Attendee March 2021
"A very enjoyable and informative course. I learned a lot and found it really interesting. I will definitely be able to use the knowledge and techniques for myself and for clients."
Emma Taylor, Attendee March 2021
I have loved every minute of the Yoga Therapy for CFS, Burnout & Long Covid course. The information delivered was incredibly good, providing a really good basis of understanding of the topic. The two tutors of Fiona and Sarah were incredible. Their delivery, pace and wealth of knowledge in this area is spot on. Each session went incredibly quickly and I feel well equipped to help my students who are suffering from CFS as well as those to come who may be showing signs of burnout and stress.
Karen Wilson, Attendee March 2021
Can we support you in choosing your course?
If you are unsure about your suitability for this course, or if you have any queries please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Policies & Procedures For the full course policies and terms & conditions please click here.
In this continued development training you will discover unique ways to harness energy for fatigue conditions such as exhaustion, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Burnout & Long Covid with the help of yoga therapy. You will be guided through yoga practices Fiona has developed over a career supporting people with CFS.
Yoga Therapy for Burnout, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Long-Covid – An Introduction
With Fiona Agombar and Sarah Ryan
Session One -
Prana and its relationship to yoga and our energy.
- The five prānas
- The importance of working with apāna in fatigue states
- Granthis (restrictions) that can cause health problems. (obstacles that can stop prāna flowing)
- Examples of personal granthis
- A brief overview of the panca maya (kosha)
- Breath work and pranayama examples for helping fatigue and softening granthis
- Using a bhavana in relation to prāna
- The çakras and fatigue
- Fatigue and the çakras – mooladhara çakra
- The importance of creating a safe space
- Teaching somatically
- Practice with Fiona including nyāsa
- How society views fatigue – the problems of the patriarchy
- Definitions of fatigue including burnout and ME/CFS. Are there differences with Long-Covid?
- Symptoms and how these are relevant to yoga.
- The various models of stress
- The rational v emotional brain
- Polyvagal theory
- The mitochondria
- Avoiding the push-crash pattern and dealing with relapse.
- How fatigue affects a yoga practice
- The importance of micro breaks and pacing
- The role of trauma in chronic fatigue and how this affects teaching
- Finding a resource
- Practice with Sarah
- Long Covid Focus
- Samskara and our shadow side
- Facing our emotions and not disassociating – self-inquiry
- Self-compassion, people pleasing and boundaries.
- The major tools of yoga therapy including nyāsa, pranayama , deep relaxation and mantra
- Welcoming fatigue and symptoms with acceptance as an opportunity for self-inquiry and spiritual investigation.
- Practice with Fiona
There is a significant amount of both recorded material and written content. Please allow for a minimum of 6 hours per week for the online content. Certification is provided on completion of all elements of the course.
In each week you will have the opportunity to take part in yoga practice and there will be space for questions.
This online course is for yoga therapists, yoga teachers and other practitioners supporting people with CFS, Burnout & Long Covid.
There will be an opportunity to have your questions answered throughout the training.
On booking you will receive a 20% discount code for Fiona's book "Yoga Therapy for Stress, Burnout & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"
Please be aware that although practices shared have been helpful to people experiencing Long Covid this is a relatively new condition and Fiona and Sarah are yoga professionals and not doctors.
About the facilitator - Fiona Agombar
Fiona Agombar is a yoga therapist and teacher in the Krishnamacharya Tradition and is accredited as an advanced teacher with the British Wheel of Yoga. She originally trained with the Yoga for Health Foundation in 2001. She has studied under Bill Feeney, Gill Lloyd, Sarah Ryan, TKV Desikachar and others. She specialises in teaching yoga for fatigue conditions, including CFS/ME, burnout, stress and long-Covid. She set up teacher-training modules on stress and fatigue for Yoga Campus, which she ran for several years together with CPD days for the BWY. She was one of the key speakers for Global Yoga Therapy Day in August 2020 on exhaustion, overwhelm and burnout. She now teaches online for those with fatigue and other health conditions. Fiona is the author of the books Beat Fatigue with Yoga (Cherry Red Books) and Yoga Therapy for Stress, Burnout and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, (Singing Dragon). Fiona has Lyme disease which she manages with yoga.