Welcoming LGBT+ People in General & Pregnancy Yoga
Date: Sun 26 June
Time: 1000-1600 GMT
Cost Full Day: £70
Praise for Gabi's workshops
LGBT+ Community Discount - please use code LGBT50 for a half price place on either workshop or both.
"A wonderful & informative workshop with plenty to discuss & learn for everyone - whether a part of, an ally to, or new to the idea of fostering yoga spaces for the safety & inclusion of LGBT+ community"
Sam Dyllon, Attendee, LGBT+ Inclusion in Yoga Workshop
"This course is exceptional. From the very beginning of the class, Gabi creates a safe and inviting space for yoga teachers to come together for the purposes of collaboration, education, and affirmation of our commitment to uplift and support the LGBTQ+ community. This class provides a wonderful way to deeply connect with the material and with one another. So grateful for this course!"
Francie Taylor, Attendee, LGBT+ Inclusion in Yoga Workshop
To see the extensive range of CPDs we have designed to give you practical tools that can further develop your teaching practice, please click here.
Can we support you in choosing your course?
If you are unsure about your suitability for this course, or if you have any queries please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Policies & Procedures For the full course policies and terms & conditions please click here.
At the end of these workshops you will:
- Feel more confident supporting Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Pansexual, Transgender, Non-Binary, Intersex, Asexual, Queer and Questioning students in your classes
- Understand the context of LGBT+ experiences in the UK (with some discussion of other country experience)
- Be able to identify potential triggers for LGBT+ people in your classes
- Know how to signpost your class as welcoming for the LGBT+ community
- Understand how to be an ally for LGBT+ people within your classes, studios, and community
- Understand the place for LGBTQA+ exclusive classes
- Know the pathways to parenthood that many LGBT+ families go through and how that impacts their yoga practice*
- Feel more confident talking about birth, the pelvic floor, and feeding in a way that is affirming to LGBT+ people*
- Get practical tips and personalised feedback to make your classes more welcoming to the LGBT+ community*
About the facilitator - Gabi Parkham
Gabi is passionate about finding equity and justice through yoga and making as many yoga classes as possible safer spaces for LGBT+ people. Yoga should be a space free from assumptions, micro aggressions, and discrimination.