Giorgia Mori, Attendee Womens Hormonal Health Series
Certified 10 hour Continued Professional Development/CEP
Module 1: Understanding Hormones for Yoga Teachers & Therapists
You will discover:
- An understanding of the key hormones at play in a woman's body
- How oestrogen, progesterone, LH & FSH show up
- What we can do as yoga teachers to impact hormone related women's health issues
- How the hormones of cortisol, adrenaline, insulin, thyroid & oxcytocin impact wellbeing
- What we can do as yoga teachers through movement, breathwork, mindfulness & relaxation and connection to our social and spiritual environment to positively impact hormonal health
Module 2: Understanding Endometriosis for Yoga Teachers & Therapists
You will discover:
- How endometriosis shows up - the biology, hormones, experience
- The tools you can use as a yoga teacher for effective & long-term treatment of endometriosis
- Theory and practice with key takeaways you can implement in one to one and group settings
Module 3: Understanding Polysistic Ovary Syndrome for Yoga Teachers & Therapists
You will discover:
- What PCOS is and how and why it can occur
- The hormonal issues around PCOS
- Conventional treatment for PCOS and yoga practices for the condition (1 hour of practices you can use with your clients)
Module 4: Yoga for Fertility Challenges
This module will give you the skills to:
- Understand the natural working of the menstrual cycle and where differences can occur
- Address the wide variety of fertility challenges and how they show up
- Understand IVF and other forms of fertility treatment
- Learn how the different stages of fertility treatment can impact individuals
- Share yoga practices that can support women through the physical challenges of fertility treatment
- Share yoga practices that can support the emotional challenges of fertility treatment
- Understand practices that can support those who are not undertaking fertility treatment who wish to become pregnant
It is likely that you will come across students during your teaching who are facing fertility challenges if you teach a general yoga class. This module will give you skills you can use to ensure that those who are experiencing fertility challenges can practice yoga safely in your classes and benefit both physically and emotionally from practices to support them on their journey.
We are discovering more and more that women's health and hormonal health are intrinsically linked. This training gives an understanding of the hormones at play and how yoga can be used to successfully address specific hormonal challenges.
All modules will be available for 1 year following the completion of the training. This online pre-recorded training has the benefit of you being able to access at a time that fits in with your schedule.
Jacqueline will be available throughout the course to answer your questions on the online platform.
Kate Knowles, Attendee, Understanding Endometriosis Workshop
About the facilitator: Jacqueline Rose
Jacqueline is a wife and mother of five who was multi-taking and juggling life, work, family, responsibilities, feeling overwhelmed and stressed out, until she discovered Yoga for Women's Health.
Through her studies and teaching, she has been able to develop a deeper understanding, awareness and connection to her body, how it works and how it naturally changes over time. Using yoga tools and techniques, Jacqueline has found practical ways to create hormonal, physical and emotional balance and manage expectations despite her very busy life.
Her mission is to support and empower women to improve their own health and well-being. She is passionate about changing the way women understand how their bodies work, particularly natural hormonal changes and cycles, and creating space for women to explore their authentic voice and self.
Jacqueline qualified as a Yoga for Pregnancy Instructor at the Wingate Institute in 2014. She qualified as a Yoga Nashit Instructor in 2017 with Mira Atzi-Padan (founder of Yoga Nashit). Most recently, in 2019, she qualified as a Therapeutic Yoga Instructor at Campus Broshim School of Integrative Medicine, Tel Aviv University.