Online: Teaching Yoga for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Burnout & Long Covid: An Introduction
This is an online training you can take in your own time. All classes are recorded.
Dates: This course begins on Friday 23rd April and can be taken at your own pace and in your own time.
You will be sent booking confirmation on payment and registration details for the training before the course begins in April.
Praise for Fiona's work with CFS:
"A highly engaging and vital text for yoga therapists"
Heather Mason, Founder, Yoga in Health Care Alliance
In this CPD training you will discover unique ways to harness energy for fatigue conditions such as exhaustion, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Burnout & Long Covid with the help of yoga therapy. You will be guided through yoga practices Fiona has developed over a career supporting people with CFS.
Prana and its relationship to yoga and our energy.
- The five prānas
- The importance of working with apāna in fatigue states
- Granthis (restrictions) that can cause health problems. (obstacles that can stop prāna flowing)
- Examples of personal granthis
- A brief overview of the panca maya (kosha)
- Breath work and pranayama examples for helping fatigue and softening granthis
- Using a bhavana in relation to prāna
- The role of trauma in chronic fatigue and how this affects teaching
- Finding a resource
- Fatigue and the çakras – mooladhara çakra
- The importance of creating a safe space
- Teaching somatically
- Practice with Fiona including nyāsa
- Definitions of fatigue including burnout and ME/CFS. Are there differences with Long-Covid?
- Symptoms and how these are relevant to yoga.
- The various models of stress
- The rational v emotional brain
- Polyvagal theory
- The mitochondria
- Avoiding the push-crash pattern and dealing with relapse.
- How fatigue affects a yoga practice
- The importance of micro breaks and pacing
- Practice with Sarah
- Samskara and our shadow side
- Facing our emotions and not disassociating – self-inquiry
- How society views fatigue – the problems of the patriarchy
- Self-compassion, people pleasing and boundaries.
- Welcoming fatigue and symptoms with acceptance as an opportunity for self-inquiry and spiritual investigation.
- Practice with Fiona
This online course is for yoga therapists, yoga teachers and other practitioners supporting people with CFS, Burnout & Long Covid.
About the facilitator - Fiona Agombar
Fiona Agombar is a yoga therapist and teacher in the Krishnamacharya Tradition and is accredited as an advanced teacher with the British Wheel of Yoga. She originally trained with the Yoga for Health Foundation in 2001. She has studied under Bill Feeney, Gill Lloyd, Sarah Ryan, TKV Desikachar, his son Dr Kausthub Desikachar and Adyashanti. She specialises in teaching yoga for fatigue conditions, including CFS/ME, burnout, stress and long-Covid. She set up teacher-training modules on stress and fatigue for Yoga Campus, which she ran for several years together with CPD days for the BWY. She was one of the key speakers for Global Yoga Therapy Day in August 2020 on exhaustion, overwhelm and burnout. She now teaches online for those with fatigue and other health conditions. Fiona is the author of the books Beat Fatigue with Yoga (Cherry Red Books) and Yoga Therapy for Stress, Burnout and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, (Singing Dragon). Fiona has Lyme disease which she manages with yoga.