Understanding Hormones for Yoga Teachers & Therapists
Date: Sun 9 Jan 2021
Time: 0930-1230 GMT
- "Really great & informative workshop... Jacqueline delivered all her content with humour, was very personable & made learning both interesting & upbeat!"
Sophie Darling, Attendee, Understanding Hormones
- "An empowering and insightful workshop. Thank you Jacqueline Rose for enlightening us on how to understand our hormones."
Daphne Vanden Borre, Attendee, Understanding Hormones
Women are a function of our hormones and being a hormonal woman should neither be seen as a joke or a dirty word.
Understanding our hormones is the key to understanding how we show up every day.
Take a deep dive into how our hormones work, how they impact us and change throughout our lives and how we can use yoga practice to create hormonal balance. We will discuss why hormonal balance is so crucial to our health and wellbeing, and the implications of hormonal imbalance.
As yoga teachers we can find ourselves supporting women who are facing:
- Fertility issues (specific yoga practice for supporting women during fertility treatment)
- PCOS (creating hormonal balance, reducing stress, encourage blood flow)
- Endometriosis (supporting women with this very debilitating condition)
- Menopause Symptoms (specific poses to help treat specific symptoms)
- PMS and menstrual cycle issues as teens
This workshop will look at women’s hormones from puberty to menopause. It will then look at how hormonal changes affect how we support women when they show up on the mat.
Rather than adapting poses for hormonal changes why not create classes that directly address the hormonal needs of each woman. This workshop will give you tools to do just that!
About the facilitator: Jacqueline Rose
Jacqueline is a wife and mother of five who was multi-taking and juggling life, work, family, responsibilities, feeling overwhelmed and stressed out, until she discovered Yoga for Women's Health.
Through her studies and teaching, she has been able to develop a deeper understanding, awareness and connection to her body, how it works and how it naturally changes over time. Using yoga tools and techniques, Jacqueline has found practical ways to create hormonal, physical and emotional balance and manage expectations despite her very busy life.
Her mission is to support and empower women to improve their own health and well-being. She is passionate about changing the way women understand how their bodies work, particularly natural hormonal changes and cycles, and creating space for women to explore their authentic voice and self.
Jacqueline qualified as a Yoga for Pregnancy Instructor at the Wingate Institute in 2014. She qualified as a Yoga Nashit Instructor in 2017 with Mira Atzi-Padan (founder of Yoga Nashit). Most recently, in 2019, she qualified as a Therapeutic Yoga Instructor at Campus Broshim School of Integrative Medicine, Tel Aviv University.