Maternity Chakras: Muladhara
For Yoga Teachers & Birth Professionals
Date: Sun 13 Feb 2022
Time: 0900-1130 GMT (UK Time)
To see the extensive range of pre & postnatal CPDs we have designed to give you practical tools that can further develop your teaching practice, please click here.
Can we support you in choosing your course?
If you are unsure about your suitability for this course, or if you have any queries please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Policies & Procedures For the full course policies and terms & conditions please click here.
The ancient chakra system with its structures of subtle energy pathways and confluence of energy centres has informed yoga practice for millennia It offers us all a truly holistic map to help us know ourselves fully and live freely.
The journey through the chakras is the Maternity journey of discovery and healing along the rainbow bridge — the metaphysical bridge that connects consciousness with matter; instinct with spirit. This journey has been travelled many times by yoginis but rarely in pregnancy.
In this workshop you will:
- Discover the classical and modern teachings and practices of Muladhara Chakra
- Learn How to integrate Nervous System Anatomy to Muladhara Chakra Theory & Practice
- Embodied Pregnancy - practices to embody on and off the mat.
- Learn how Muladhara and the Amygdala are connected in Childbirth
- Embodied Pelvic Floor Practice for optimum birth and postnatal recovery including Mulabhanda and VEs
- Teaching Embodied Consent & Boundaries in Childbirth
- Developmental Psychology and Muladhara Chakra
- Descent, apana and optimal maternal positioning
- Pada bhanda, the feet and walking in Labour
- Meditation and visualisation for Muladhara Chakra
At the end of the training, you will receive Certificate of Attendance from Yoga Teachers Forum.
About the facilitator - Nadia Rafaat: