Learn How to Facilitate Yoga Meditation
"I love training with Yoga Teachers' Forum as the trainings are so well organised. The leaders are very good at holding space and managing time, and there is always a realistic amount of content, with lots of time for sharing and practice. The trainings are also great value for money."
Kate Coulson, Attendee, Perimenopause & Yoga Nidra Training with Julia Davis and Colleagues
This training has been designed for all yoga teachers & therapists to give a strong skill set for teaching a variety of meditation techniques that can be used with students who are new to meditation practice and who have experience and wish to establish a regular practice.
You will gain:
- Practical meditation tools you can practice yourself and share with your students
- A system for self practice that connects to the techniques you will learn to share each week
- Confidence in sharing a variety of meditation techniques to suit a variety of student wants and needs
- Clear pathways to receiving feedback from your students so that you can find what works and doesn't work for their practice
- Easy to implement alternative practices for students who need a gentle meditation practice
By the end of this course you will have:
- A self created programme of yoga meditation practices you can share with your students
- Shared listening, journaling and space holding skills
- An understanding of how meditation can be a positive and powerful & pleasurable experience
- A network of teachers to support your continued journey
- Tools to help those attending your classes to feel confident they can enjoy meditation whatever their experience
This 7 week course will give you the time and space to pause and integrate and take practices into your personal practice & teaching each week as you grow your community - we practice in a way that honours our own needs and those of our students. These techniques require no music in the background and can be enjoyed by seasoned meditators along side people new to meditation. All of these practices encourage communal meditation and recognise the power of group practice - they can also be taught in a way that your students can take them away and practice them for themselves - as you will be encouraged to do daily yourself. The practices will include visualisation techniques, breathing practices and other gateways to meditation.
If you are looking to establish (or re-establish!) meditation for yourself and to feel at ease sharing with your community this training is for you. The practices are simple and powerful.
Although there is a huge amount of evidence that meditation is beneficial we will not be looking at the theory of menopause - we will be diving straight into the practice and learning how to share that practice with our communities - these practices are suitable to share both online and in person.
You will have time to experience the practices and share the techniques you have learned with a cohort of your peers.
Feedback from yoga teachers who've attended Julia's Training:
"The course exceeded my expectations! It provided theory, .....movement and breath practices, poetry and different readings and articles related to Peri-menopause and Menopause . As participants we shared our ideas through the discussion forum, sharings and practices in the sessions which was also hugely valuable. Jane and Julia led the group with sensitivity and enthusiasm, allowing there to be space for our contributions. Thank you so much."
Your success in completing the Teaching Yoga Meditation will be celebrated with a Yoga Teachers Forum Certificate and can be used for Yoga Alliance CEP and BWY CPD.
Once you have registered you will be sent enrolment details.
0930 Preparation for Meditation
1000 Practice and Learning: Meditation
1030 Group Learning Points
1045 Teaching Practice
1145 Learning Points and Home Practice Assignment
Home Practice: 30 minutes daily home practice + weekly class preparation
7 Week Certification - 40 hours CPD/CE training. 14 Contact Hours*
When: Wed 7, 14, 21, 28 Sept 5, 12, 19 Oct
Where: In Person at Finchley Yoga, Maple Close, Finchley N3 1AS and online via zoom
Structure and Hours:
7 x Wednesdays 0930-1130 BST (UK Time)
Homework: Weekly tasks set on Online Course Manual
Early bird £280 (Early Bird Ends 21st July) Full Price £380
4 Month Payment Plan: £75 per month
Feedback from Julia Training Courses
"It was well presented and was full to the brim of knowledge and practices that I can use myself in the coming years - thank you."
"I thoroughly enjoyed this training.....There were several opportunities to share with the other students, which bonded the group. All the students felt very supported and well informed. Thank you xx"
"I got lot of info and ideas, complementing my own life and also work."
Contact email@example.com for financial hardship discounts and payment plans.
This course is open to:
- qualified yoga, pilates and movement teachers
- coaches and PTs
- professionals working with perimenopause
- all movement modalities
* the training can be used for CPD and CE hours with Yoga Alliance, British Wheel of Yoga and other yoga organisations.
For the full course policies and terms & conditions please click here.
About the facilitators: