"Super useful, really interesting Thank you so much for sharing that wisdom with us, it’s been extremely useful."
J.P. Attendee, Accommodating Pregnancy Safely in a General Class
Key Information: Certified 7 Hour Zoom Workshop Sat 21 October 0900-1600 BST
Cost: EARLY BIRD £75 - Book before 1 September 2023 FULL PRICE £85
This training has been designed for all yoga teachers, pilates and fitness professionals, to give a strong skill set for understanding how to accommodate pregnancy and postnatal students in a general class.*
- The key physiological and hormonal changes in the first, second & third trimester and how that affects yoga practice
- Key contraindications and challenges in each trimester of pregnancy
- How to support your pregnant student with specific modifications for class
- Where to place your pregnant student so that you can focus on their needs
- Use of language in accommodating pregnancy
- Before and after care for your pregnant student
- Health form considerations & PGP specifics & when to refer students when teaching them is not appropriate
- Discover some of the key structural issues experienced by postnatal students retuning to practice after childbirth or postnatal /baby yoga. These issues can include: weak pelvic floor, recovering scar tissue and ongoing prolapse issues alongside structural instability, back and shoulder pain and fatigue
- Learn how these conditions can impact their practice and wellbeing and discover intelligent ways to modify and support them within the context of a general yoga class
- Learn the modifications in general yoga practice required for caesarean recovery
- Learn how to assess, diagnose and refer (if necessary) diastastis recti – and discover what postures and practices exacerbate the condition and conversely support it
- Learn how to gradually and steadily guide your postnatal student to increasing strength and vitality at a pace that reflects their need
This one day immersion is about equiping you with the knowledge and understanding to hold pregnant and postnatal students in your general yoga classes with care and confidence so that they, in turn, feel seen, supported and can thrive.
The Course also Includes:
Your success in completing the Accommodating Pregnancy & Postnatal Students In a General Class training will be celebrated with a Yoga Teachers Forum certificate recognised by major yoga organisations including YAP & BWY. Contact hours: 8
Once you have registered you will be sent enrolment details.
This training is for you if you are a:
- Yoga Teacher
- Pilates Teacher
- Movement Professional
Feedback from Accommodating Pregnancy Safely in a General Class with Nadia Raafat:
"Fantastic training. The teacher was clear , precise and explianed the information so that it could be easily used in a class enviroment. Highly recommend this course for those who want a little more confidence if yoga students become pregnant."
Corinne BethelI, Attendee, Incorporating Pregnancy Yoga Into a General Class
"Fabulous amount of details. Thanks!" S.B
"Thank you so much Nadia, amazing! Incredibly useful!" F.C
This training is recorded for all participants and there will be a supportive online community for you where Nadia will be available to answer your questions and where she will be supplying support material.
* this training will not equip or certify you to offer pre or postnatal yoga classes.
Key Information: Certified 7 Hour Zoom Workshop Saturday 21 October 0900-1600 BST
Cost: EARLY BIRD £75 - Ends 1 September (full price £85)
Policies & Procedures For the full course policies and terms & conditions please click here.
About the facilitator: