"I feel I couldn’t have chosen a better path to teaching Yoga and Mindfulness for Pregnancy and Birth! Nadia and Belinda’s course was so comprehensive I felt fully prepared to teach when we qualified and that I could add real value to the journey to motherhood for my students! I was lucky enough to experience the training during my pregnancy and can fully vouch for the benefits of the flows, the embodied awareness Nadia creates in teaching and the invaluable Mindfulness techniques we learned with Belinda. I am already teaching-passing on this knowledge and have had great feedback from my students.... really feel like a family and I’m grateful for their continued support." Hollie Boyce
OPTION 1: 3 Month Payment Plan
Can't find product with ID 81888
OPTION 2: Full Payment
Can't find product with ID 81889
Lasting two months and comprising over 100 hours this comprehensive Online and In-Person Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training is led by Senior Registered Yoga Teacher, Pelvic Health Specialist, and Birth Doula, Nadia Raafat together with a faculty of three very experienced visiting teachers each of whom is highly respected in their own fields.
This training is for you if you are looking to support your pregnancy community with the combined teachings of Yoga for Pregnancy & Mindfulness. If you are a childbirth educator, midwife, doula, mindfulness teacher or hypnotherapists who wish to expand your knowledge of yoga, mindfulness and active birth so that you can enrich and deepen your own offerings.
100 hours on all aspects of the pregnancy and birth experience:
- Anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, and how it affects yoga practice, to
- How to use movement and positioning during labour to encourage foetal descent
- Pranayama to practice in pregnancy to prepare for the birth.
- You will develop a thorough knowledge of the traditional pantheon of yoga asana, mudra, pranayama, savasana and yoga nidra and their relevance for pregnancy and birth
- Philosophies that underpin the practices of Hatha and Tantra yoga explored uniquely from the perspective of pregnancy and birth
During the course you will experience many different approaches to pregnancy yoga and movement with Nadia including ball yoga, chakra yoga, yin yoga and even birth dance to ensure your classes are interesting, vibrant and enable your participants to experience the joy of being deeply connected with their own inner flow.
Mindfulness Training is a key feature of this course with great emphasis on practice. As part of the learning, you will be taught about the architecture of the mind, inner preparations for childbirth, how to use the breath and the body as a place of insight and how to use mindfulness to work with difficult emotions.Additionally you will learn to hold space and facilitate inquiry as part of your mindfulness teaching. Supporting emotional and mental well-being through the transition to parenthood underpins the Mindfulness aspect of the course.
The course offers a strong focus on anatomy and physiology with our visiting lecturer’ osteopath and women’s health specialist Laura Tilson and midwife Joy Horner brings her immense wisdom and deep experience of the childbirth process to her presentation. All theoretical knowledge will be explored practically on the mat and in the class context with Nadia who also specialises in birth prep and holistic pelvic health.
Why Train with Us:
- Dual Yoga and Mindfulness training programme for Pregnancy, enabling you to qualify and offer both Pregnancy Yoga classes and Mindfulness for Pregnancy & Birth classes.
- You will undertake a full 9-week Mindfulness for Pregnancy & Birth Training programme with our experienced mindfulness teachers and learn how to incorporate Mindfulness into your pregnancy yoga teaching.
- You will be certified with the Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) the Federation of Antenatal Educators (FEDANT) & Yoga Teachers Forum.
- We are offering ALL participants a one year free graduate support and mentoring programme as part of the course ensuring we have your back as you establish your pregnancy teaching career.
- At 100 hours, our training course is more extensive than most and exclusively dedicated to pregnancy and birth ensuring that you are fully trained and prepared to teach yoga, mindfulness and birth preparation with confidence, passion and effectiveness to your pregnancy community.
- You gain a personal journey of your own, allowing you to dive deeply into the role of teacher, and supporting you so that you can expand beyond any personal limitations to become the best guide and teacher you can possibly be.
- Training in setting up your pregnancy and birth business post-graduation
- Flexibility of training enabling you to learn from home but also have hands-on in-person studio teaching experience. For international students and those too far from London to travel, you can attend exclusively online
- All the sessions are recorded and shared with course participants to be downloaded and kept for future reference without time restrictions.
- The written and audio-visual coursework submitted by students throughout the course is individually read and marked. We then provide you with personalised feedback to help you towards achieving your goals.
- Successful students are presented with a YPA and FEDANT approved Graduation Certificate which they are able to use to obtain Pregnancy Yoga, Mindful Birth Ed & Birth Preparation Insurance
- Graduates are also able to join a community of qualified Yoga & Mindfulness teachers where ongoing mentoring support will be provided for ONE year post graduation.
Meet The Teachers:
Yoga and Birth Education
Lead teacher | Pregnancy Yoga and Meditation teacher| Birth doula and childbirth educator I Pelvic Health Specialist
Integrative Counsellor & Psychotherapist. Mindfulness Teacher & Facilitator, Mindful Birthing Teacher and Facilitator (MBSR, MBCT, MBCP)
Anatomy & Physiology
Osteopath and Women’s Health Specialist.
Has been a Registered, Independent and Shamanic Midwife for 37 years. She teaches and lectures internationally on Midwifery and Childbirth.
7 October – 4 December 2022
Weekend One (In-person and Live-stream)
Friday,7 October Online 11am-5:30pm
Saturday, 8 October: Online 11am-5:30pm
Sunday, 9 October: BY Studio London 12:30pm-5.30pm
(These may be subject to change).
Then the following 6 Saturdays
Saturday October 15, 9am-1pm
Saturday October 22, 9am, 1pm
Saturday October 29 HALF TERM BREAK
Saturday November 5, 9am-1pm
Saturday November 12, 9am-1pm
Saturday November 19, 9am-1pm
Saturday November 26, 9am-1pm
Studio Session (In-person/Live-stream)
Friday 2 December, ONLINE 11am-5:30pm
Saturday 3 December BY Studio London 12.30pm-6pm
Sunday 4 December BY Studio London 12pm-6pm
Saturday 10 December 9am ONLINE
This course is fully certified by Federation of Antenatal Educators (FEDANT) and Yoga Alliance Professionals UK.(YAP)
Battersea Yoga Studio, 2 Kite Yard, Cambridge Road SW11, London
Live & Online.
It is taught by Nadia Raafat and her team of three amazing and highly qualified professionals who will be guiding you:
- £949 – Full Price – Available until 1st October. (payable in full or via a 3 month payment plan)
JOIN OUR PREGNANCY YOGA TEACHING COMMUNITY
OPTION 1: 3 Month Payment Plan
Can't find product with ID 81888
OPTION 2: Payment
Can't find product with ID 81889
Here’s what some of our past graduates have said:
“Nadia’s passion and knowledge is totally inspiring. She has a really good way of holding space — even with half of the students being online. Her presence is really warm yet also professional ensuring everyone felt included and held. Nadia was really clear in her approach and fantastic at laying out each session at the start of the day so we knew exactly where we were heading. The sessions always felt really well organised yet not too rigid and a fantastic mix of Nadia teaching and group discussions , etc.”
“This is so much more than just a training for yoga teachers — so much love and time has been put into it and Nadia and the teams knowledge and passion just shone through. Every woman would benefit from doing this training! I felt held and supported and I’m stepping out of this training feeling confident and excited to share what I’ve learnt ” KK
I highly recommend this incredible training!
Having already taught pregnancy yoga for several years I took it as a supplemental training and it has honestly been the most in depth pregnancy teacher training that I have done !
Nadia and Belinda are so passionate, experienced and knowledgeable and the Mindfulness aspect of the course was a game changer for me as a space holder, teacher , mother and now pregnant with my 4th baby a key practice in my current birth preparation.So grateful for this experience MF❤️❤️❤️
To see the extensive range of pre & postnatal CPDs we have designed to give you practical tools that can further develop your teaching practice, please click here.
Can we support you in choosing your course?
If you are unsure about your suitability for this course, or if you have any queries please let us know at email@example.com
Policies & Procedures For the full course policies and terms & conditions please click here.
About the facilitator - Nadia Rafaat:
Nadia is a senior yoga and meditation teacher, trained in a variety. of yoga and meditation traditions and disciplines: Hatha, Yin, Mindfulness, Yoga Nidra, and Hypnosis. She is a perinatal specialist (Pregnancy, Birth Prep, Postnatal, Baby Yoga,), a pelvic health specialist, childbirth educator and doula with over 15 years experience in the field.
Nadia is the producer of Yoga and Mindfulness for Pregnancy & Birth DVD and Online and In-person Course which has been taught to 1000s and has devised and directs the Yoga & Mindfulness for Pregnancy & Birth 100 Hour Teacher Training Programme. Nadia is also a former journalist, a mother of 4 and lives in Kingston, London.